CGAT Application Procedure
GAMBLING THERAPY CERTIFICATION
CGAT Level I: Candidate:
Individuals seeking certification who are or have been taking on some role in the field of addictions therapy and are undergoing addictions specific training of up to at least 45 hours.
CGAT Level II: Certified Gambling Therapist (CGAT Level II):
Candidates seeking Level II Certification must have completed ALL OF the following pre-requisites:
- 30 hours training in gambling therapy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioural science discipline from a recognised University or an equivalent qualification in behavioural sciences from a recognised Institute of Higher Learning.
- 100 hours work specifically in gambling therapy specific achieved over 2 years.
- Taking and passing the APCB Certification Examination for Gambling
CGAT Level III: Certified Gambling Therapist (CGAT Level III):
Candidates seeking Level III Certification must have completed ALL OF the following pre-requisites:
Completion of CGAT Level I requirements:
Evidence of Gambling Therapy work of 2,000 hours achieved over 2 years.
- In all the above certifications, APCB reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without explanation and will not entertain any correspondence on the outcome of any applications.
- Certification will be revoked for any of the following reasons:
- Falsification of any information, including experience data, requested in the Application.
- Misrepresentation of certification status.